How do I register for IGCS 2022?
Registration will open in May. Details will be posted here and sent via email upon opening.
What are the registration options for IGCS 2022?
Delegates will have the opportunity to attend the meeting in person in New York City at the Javits Convention Center, or virtually from the comfort of their homes or offices.
What if I purchase an in-person ticket and need to transfer it to a virtual ticket (or vice versa)?
Due to the uncertain times and the ongoing developments, IGCS has implemented a flexible registration model.
- Until and including July 27, 2022, you will be able to change your registration category at no additional charge beyond applicable ticket price differences.
For example, if you registered to attend in-person in New York City, you will be able to change your registration category to Virtual and receive a refund of the difference in fees. If you registered to attend Virtually but would like to update your registration to in-person attendance, you will be required to pay the difference applicable based on the registration fee and category at the time the change is made.
- As of July 28, 2022, there will be no refunds for changing your registration category.
Please note that when changing your registration category, the fee that will apply will be based on the registration fee and category applicable at the time the change is made.
All registration questions, transfer requests and cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I cancel my registration?
- All cancellations must be emailed prior to the below deadlines:
- Cancellations received until and including July 27, 2022 – full refund
- Cancellations received between July 28 and August 25, 2022 – a refund of 50% will be returned
- From August 26 – October 1, 2022 – no refund will be made
*Note, in case of cancellation at any stage, bank transfer handling fee ($30.00) will not be refunded – applicable to bank transfer payments only.
Do I have to be an IGCS member to register for the conference?
No. IGCS meetings are open to both members and non-members, however, IGCS members receive lower registration rates and experience significant other benefits.
For information on membership benefits and how to join, please visit https://igcs.org/membership/member-benefits/.
How can I confirm my registration?
An email confirmation and payment receipt will be sent to the email address you registered with within five minutes of completing the registration process. If you have questions or need assistance with your registration confirmation, email email@example.com.
Are there lower registration rates for students, trainees, and nurses?
Yes. Medical students, residents, fellows in training, and nurses receive a substantial discount. Refer to the pricing on the registration web page. The discount is applied based on the selections made during registration.
Are there group registration options?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding group registration for IGCS 2022.
When do registration prices increase?
- Registration pricing will increase on July 12, 2022 and is a 15% increase from early registration pricing.
- Late registration pricing begins September 14, 2022 and is a 15% increase from regular registration pricing.
Can I register on-site?
Yes. On-site registration is available at the Javits Convention Center during meeting days, September 28 – October 1. Onsite registration hours will be available in August.
If I register for an in-person ticket, do I have access to the on-demand content?
Yes. An in-person ticket includes all virtual offerings and access to the recorded sessions on-demand for 3 months post-meeting.
What is included with an in-person ticket?
- Participation in all scientific sessions
- Access to multiple halls of live scientific programming
- Earn CME credits
- Opening Ceremony
- Networking events include a welcome reception and an attendee reception.
- Access to the Sponsor Conversation Area
- Access to the Surgical Film & Posters Area
- Refreshments during coffee breaks as indicated in the program
- The opportunity to meet and network with speakers
- Attend the IGCS Annual Business Meeting
- Advocacy Event
- Access to all recorded sessions on-demand for 3 months post-meeting
- All Virtual Registration offerings below
What is included with a virtual ticket?
- Access to select scientific content live-streamed from New York City. These sessions will include the opportunity to engage via questions & answer segments, polling, and more.
- CME credits for select sessions (must attend live stream to claim credits).
- Access to all educational content on-demand for 3 months post-meeting
- Access to abstracts/posters and surgical films online
- Access to the Opening Ceremony live from New York City
- Access to available Industry sessions and the latest research and technology
- Virtual tours of New York City attractions
Can I register and pay later?
No, payment is required at the time of registration.
ABSTRACTS & SURGICAL FILMS
How do I submit an abstract and/or an abstract with a surgical film?
All abstracts and surgical films must be submitted online. Visit igcs2022.com/abstract to view the topics, guidelines and access the submission portal. The submission guidelines document found on the website will answer many of your questions and the submission portal takes you through the process step by step.
Can I submit a case report as an abstract?
IGCS does not accept case reports as abstracts at this time.
May I present more than one abstract?
There is no maximum submission allotment per person, however, authors may only be the presenting author on (5) submissions.
When will I find out if my submission has been accepted?
Notification of acceptance will occur in mid-June via email. Further instructions regarding presentation specifics will be sent at the time of the acceptance letter. Selected abstracts will be assigned as oral presentations, featured posters, and/or poster presentations.
When is the abstract submission deadline?
The deadline for abstracts and surgical films was May 9, 2022, at 11:59 pm ET.
The trials in process deadline is July 11, 2022, at 11:59 pm ET.
The late-breaking abstract deadline is July 11, 2022, at 11:59 pm ET.
There will be no extensions for submission deadlines.
Can I submit a trial in progress?
Yes. IGCS encourages submission of trials in progress (TiP) submissions. The deadline to submit a trial in progress is Monday, July 11 at 11:59 pm ET. TiP will be accepted as posters only. Encore TiP submissions are allowed.
Review page 6 of the submission guidelines for more details on TiP submissions.
Will there be a late-breaking abstract submission?
Yes, we are excited to accept abstracts that meet the late-breaking criteria of the meeting. The deadline to submit late-breaking abstracts is July 11, 2022, at 11:59 pm ET. Please note that the late-breaking submission site is reserved for the highest level and practice-changing data that was not available at the time of the original submission deadline. Other submissions will not be considered for acceptance.
If my abstract is accepted, what is the presentation format?
Presenters of an oral abstract in a plenary session will be provided with instructions for the live session along with the date and time of the session(s). Abstracts may also be accepted for oral featured posters or poster presentations. Accepted Trial in Progress submissions will be accepted as posters only. Details, specifications, and instructions for each presentation type will be sent with the acceptance letters in mid-June. Individuals chosen to present surgical films will receive presentation details in mid-June as well.
If my abstract is accepted, am I required to register for the meeting?
Yes. The presenting author of an accepted abstract or film must be registered for the meeting.
My project is already published elsewhere or is planned to be published before IGCS 2022 takes place. Can I still submit it?
Please note, as per the IGCS 2022 Submission Guidelines, submitted abstracts must represent new, unpublished scientific data at the time of presentation. For more information, please click HERE.
Who should I contact with questions regarding abstract submission?
Questions regarding the abstract submission process should be sent to email@example.com
What is the overall format of the meeting?
IGCS 2022 will be held in person at the Javits Center in New York City.
Will there be opportunities for virtual engagement?
IGCS understands the need for virtual education as traveling may be difficult for some of our delegates. There are virtual opportunities currently being developed, stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks.
What Coronavirus-related safety precautions are being taken for meeting delegates in New York City?
The Javits Center is currently following all New York City and New York State COVID-19 safety protocols and has implemented the following guidelines to enhance the safety of all visitors, including:
- Full vaccination for everyone, including all event organizers, contractors, exhibitors, and attendees
- All visitors must wear face coverings inside the facility regardless of vaccination status
- Installation of High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) air filters to reduce air pollutants throughout the convention center
- Installation of socially distanced seating in all food and beverage areas
- Installation of hand-sanitizing stations in public areas; and
- Accreditation by the Global Bio-risk Advisory Council (GBAC), the industry’s highest standard for cleaning and disinfection.
What opportunities are available to support the meeting?
IGCS is excited to share all the opportunities available for our industry partners throughout the 2022 Annual Global Meeting. Please contact Mary Eiken, IGCS CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Lisa Sant, Kenes Industry Liaison at email@example.com for a sponsorship brochure and to discuss further opportunities.